The Story

Here be a blog for only the important things in life. Nice. Guess it's a music blog, few film reviews chucked in there too - because I can...

Sunday 21 October 2012

Introducing: Bakermat




So... Bakermat is Dutch for a baby's cot - or so Wikipedia tells me... It is also the name a young Dutch DJ has decided to give himself. I'll level with you, I know next to nothing about this guy. 

What I do know is that he has recently started releasing some pretty interesting deep house tracks on Delicieuse Musique. He is also responsible for this fairly gnarly remix of Sergio Mendes' 'Mas Que Nada':




He claims to be influenced by old school jazz kings Coleman Hawkins and Nat King Cole which would explain the frequency at which he uses saxophone samples and infectious trumpets as can be heard on his latest release: 'Leven':




So there you go. Form an opinion, like him on Facebook (you will get 'Leven' for free if you do so) and boast to your friends that you found him first. Though you didn't - I did...


No comments:

Post a Comment